Section of Cardiology
Professor of Medicine (Part-Time)
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1981||Ohio State University||Medicine, Surgery, OB/GYN, Pediatrics
|Residency||1984||Rush-Presbyterian-St. Lukes Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1986||Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center||Cardiology
Dr. Davidson has made significant contributions to the field of preventive cardiology over the past 20 years. His interests are currently focused on the basic mechanisms of lipid metabolism to establish new targets of treatment and to translate his insights into novel advances for the eradication of coronary artery disease. Dr. Davidson has vast experience in helping to make discoveries of other researches into clinically useful treatments.
Cardiovascular lipid management,preventive cardiology and cardiovascular risk factor modification
- Davidson MH, Robinson JG. Safety of aggressive lipid management. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007;49(17):1753-62.
- Davidson MH, McKenney JM, Shear CL, Revkin JH. Efficacy and safety of torcetrapib, a novel cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitor, in individuals with below-average high–density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006:1774-1781.
- Davidson MH. Mechanisms for the hypotriglyceridemic effect of marine omega-3 fatty acids. Am J Cardiol 2006;98(4Suppl1):27-33
- Davidson MH, Dugan LD, Burns JH, Bova J, Story K, Drennan KB. The hypocholesterolemic effects of beta-glucan in oatmeal and oat bran: a dose-controlled study. JAMA 1991;265:1833-1839
- Davidson MH, Kong JC, Drennan KB, Story K, Anderson GH. Efficacy of the National Cholesterol Education Program Step I diet. A randomized trial incorporating quick-service foods. Arch Intern Med 1996;156:305-312.