Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1981||University of Illinois||
|Residency||1984||Medical College of Virginia||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1986||The University of Chicago||Pulmonary and Critical Care
Dr. White's interests include the repair and survival of airway epithelium in asthma and airway inflammation. His laboratory studies programmed cell death, cell-matrix interactions in cell migration, and the expression of adhesion receptors. Recent areas of emphasis include the role of the immune molecule HLA-G in asthma and lung allograft survival in transplantation.
Asthma, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, interstitial lung diseases, and the respiratory complications of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).
- Floreth T, Stern E, Tu Y, Stern R, Garrity ER Jr, Bhorade SM, White SR. Differentiated transplant derived airway epithelial cell cytokine secretion is not regulated by cyclosporine. Respir Res. 2011 Apr 10;12(1):44.
- White SR, Martin LD, Stern R, Laxman B, Marroquin BA. Expression of IL-4/IL-13 receptors in differentiating human airway epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010 Nov;299(5):L681-93. Epub 2010 Aug 20.
- White SR, Loisel DA, McConville JF, Stern R, Tu Y, Marroquin BA, Noth I, Ober C. Levels of soluble human leukocyte antigen-G are increased in asthmatic airways. Eur Respir J. 2010 Apr;35(4):925-7.
- Desai LP, White SR, Waters CM. Cyclic mechanical stretch decreases cell migration by inhibiting phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase- and focal adhesion kinase-mediated JNK1 activation. J Biol Chem. 2010 Feb 12;285(7):4511-9. Epub 2009 Dec 14.
- White SR, Martin LD, Abe MK, Marroquin BA, Stern R, Fu X. Insulin receptor substrate-1/2 mediates IL-4-induced migration of human airway epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009 Jul;297(1):L164-73. Epub 2009 May 15.