Section of Rheumatology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||2007||Rush Medical College||Medicine
|Residency||2010||Thomas Jefferson University||Medicine
|Fellowship||2013||The University of Chicago||Rheumatology
Dr. Ko is interested in the molecular mechanisms behind systemic lupus, especially in lupus nephritis, and how they play a role in clinical manifestations and heterogeneity of the disease. He's also interested in clinical trials involving novel therapies for lupus.
Management of systemic lupus, Sjogren's syndrome, mixed connective tissue disease, rheumatoid arthritis, spondylitis
- Ko, K, Koldobskaya, Y, Rosenzweig, E, Niewold, TB. Activation of the interferon pathway is dependent upon autoantibodies in African-American SLE patients, but not in European-American SLE patients. Front Immunol. 2013 Oct 1;4:309.
- Ko, K, Franek, BS, Marion, M, Kaufman, KM, Langefeld, CD, Harley, JB and Niewold, TB. Genetic Ancestry, Serum Interferon-a Activity and Autoantibodies in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2012 Jun;39(6):1238-40
- Cham, CM*, Ko, K* and Niewold, TB. Interferon Regulatory Factor 5 in the Pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Clin Dev Immunol 2012;2012:780436 (*shared co-first authors)
- Kinloch, AJ, Chang, A, Ko, K, Henry Dunand, CJ, Henderson, S, Maienschein-Cline, M, Kaverina, N, Rovin, BH, Salgado Ferrer, M, Wolfgeher, D, Liarski, V, Haddon, DJ, Utz, PJ, Wilson, PC, Clark, MR. Vimentin is a Dominant Target of In Situ Humoral Immunity in Human Lupus Tubulointerstitial Nephritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014 Dec;66(12):3359-70.
- Chang, A, Ko, K and Clark, MR. The Emerging Role of the Inflammasome in Kidney Diseases. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 2014 May;23(3):204-10