Section of Gastroenterology
Associate Professor of Medicine
Director of Endoscopic Ultrasound;Director of the Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship Training Program;Associate Director, Center for Endoscopic Research and Therapeutics (CERT)
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1994||Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA||
|MD||1998||University of Miami Miller School of Medicine||Medicine
|Residency||2001||George Washington University||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2004||New York University||Gastroenterology
|Fellowship||2005||Yale University||Digestive Diseases
Uzma Siddiqui, MD is a gastroenterologist with expertise in interventional endoscopy. Her training includes fellowships in both gastroenterology and advanced endoscopy.A dedicated educator and mentor, Dr. Siddiqui also serves as the Director of the Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship training program. Teaching is centered on endoscopic procedures, clinics, lectures and live endoscopy courses. She is also a prominent researcher, focusing on improving the various applications of advanced endoscopic techniques. Dr. Siddiqui has published numerous peer-reviewed manuscripts and written book chapters on EUS, ERCP, pancreatic cancer, and palliative care for gastrointestinal malignancies.
Dr. Siddiqui’s clinical focus is on gastrointestinal oncology (esophageal, gastric, pancreaticobiliary, and colorectal tumors) and serves as Director of Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS). Other therapeutic endoscopic procedures Dr. Siddiqui performs include endoscopic cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) with removal of stones and stenting of tumors to relieve obstruction in both the biliary and pancreatic ducts, drainage of pancreatic cysts, nerve block for pain related to pancreatic cancer, radiofrequenc
- Patient preferences in pancreatic cancer after Endoscopic Ultrasound with Fine Needle Aspiration (EUS-FNA): Rapid communication valued over long-term relationships. Siddiqui UD, Rossi F, Padda MS, Rosenthal LS, and Aslanian HR. Pancreas. 2011 Jul;40(5):680-
- Endoscopic ultrasound and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography for obstructing pancreatic head masses: Combined or separate procedures? Aslanian HR, Estrada JD, Rossi F, Dziura J, Jamidar PA, and Siddiqui UD. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2011 Sept;45(8):711-13.
- EUS-guided FNA of Solid Pancreatic Masses: A Prospective, Randomized Trial Comparing 22-gauge and 25-gauge Needles. Siddiqui UD, Rossi F, Rosenthal LS, Padda MS, Murali-Dharan V, Aslanian HR. Gastrointest Endosc 2009 Dec; 70(6): 1093-1097
- EUS and Gastric Lesions. Nagler A, Aslanian HR, and Siddiqui UD. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2011 Mar;45(3):215-21
- The Role of EUS in Rectal Cancer and Fecal Incontinence. Siddiqui UD and Aslanian HR. Clinical Gastroenterology volume entitled “Endoscopic Ultrasound.” Shami V. and Kahaleh M. editors, 1st Edition, The Humana Press Inc, 2010 Sept; 371-388.