Section of Hematology / Oncology
Research Associate (Assistant Professor)
|BS||2002||Seoul National University||Veterinary Medicine
|MS||2004||Seoul National University||Tumor Biology
|PhD||2008||The University of Tokyo||Molecular Pathology
|Fellowship||2010||RIKEN Institute||Biomarker Development
|Fellowship||2013||Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory||Tumor Microenvironment
Dr. Park has been studying molecular cell biology, genetics, cancer genomics, and tumor microenvironment. Throughout identification and characterization of molecular targets, he is interested in development of novel therapeutics for breast cancer treatment. In addition, he is investigating cancer related DNA variations using next generation sequencing techniques.
- Park JH, Lin ML, Nishidate T, Nakamura Y, Katagiri T. PDZ-binding kinase/T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase, a putative cancer/testis antigen with an oncogenic activity in breast cancer. Cancer Res 2006;66:9186-95.
- Park JH, Nishidate T, Kijima K, Ohashi T, Takegawa K, Fujikane T, Hirata K, Nakamura Y, Katagiri T. Critical roles of MUC1 glycosylation by transactivated polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 6 in mammary carcinogenesis. Cancer Res 2010;70:2759-69.
- Nakasone ES, Askautrud HA, Kees T, Park JH, Plaks V, Ewald AJ, Rasch MG, Tan YX, Qiu J, Fein M, Park J, Sinha P, Bissell M, Frengen E, Werb Z, Egeblad M. Imaging tumor-stroma interactions during chemotherapy reveals microenvironmental contributions to resistance. Cancer Cell 2012;21:488-503.
- Park JH, Kim IJ, Kang HC, Lee SH, Shin Y, Kim KH, Lim SB, Kang SB, Lee K, Kim SY, Lee MS, Lee MK, Park JH, Moon SD, Park JG. Germline mutations of the MEN1 gene in Korean families with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) or MEN1-related disorders. Clin Genet 2003;64:48-53.
- Park JH, Kim IJ, Kang HC, Shin Y, Park HW, Jang SG, Ku JL, Lim SB, Jeong SY, Park JG. Oligonucleotide microarray-based mutation detection of the K-ras gene in colorectal cancers with use of competitive DNA hybridization. Clin Chem 2004;50:1688-91.