Section of Rheumatology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MA||2007||George Washington Univ School of Medicine||Public Health, Health Management, and Leadership
|MD||2007||George Washington Univ School of Medicine||
|Residency||2010||Rush Univ Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2012||Rush Univ Medical Center||Rheumatology
Dr. Dua has a special interest in teaching patients, medical students and residents about achieving optimal management of autoimmune rheumatic conditions. She currently serves as the Fellowship Program Director for Rheumatology. Dr. Dua has been actively involved in developing curricular milestones that will be part of the Next Accreditation System and she has worked closely with the GME, Internal Medicine and other Rheumatology Program Directors to gain a better understanding of the opportunities and challenges that programs will face during this transition. In this position, she has also developed an ultrasound training opportunity for the fellows to work with a private practice rheumatologist in the nearby area. This will enable the fellows to not only learn valuable skills, but will also expose them to new practice patterns and opportunities for mentorship.
Vasculitis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Myositis, Osteoarthritis, General rheumatology
- Dua Anisha B, Aggarwal R, Mikolaitis RA, Sequeira W, Block JA, Jolly M. Rheumatologist’s Quality of Care for Lupus: Comparison Study between a University and County Hospital. Arthritis Care and Research (Hoboeken). 2012 Aug; 64(8):1261-4
- Anisha B. Dua, MD and Augustine Manadan MD. Heerfordt’s Syndrome, or Uveoparotid Fever. New England Journal of Medicine 369: 458, Aug 1st 2013.
- Dua, Anisha B., Touma Z, Toloza S and Jolly M. Top Ten Recent Developments in Lupus Quality of Life. Current Rheumatology Reports. 2013; 15:380-9
- Shakoor, Najia MD, Dua, Anisha B. MD, MPH, Thorp, Laura MPT PhD, Mikolaitis, RA MS, Wimmer, Markus A. PhD, Foucher, Kharma C. MD, PhD, Fogg, Louis F. PhD, Block, Joel A. MD. Asymmetric Loading and Bone Mineral Density at the Asymptomatic Knees of Subjects with Unilateral Hip Osteoarthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2011 Dec;63(12):3853-8
- Dua, Anisha B M.D. MPH, Augustine M. Manadan M.D., John P. Case M.D. Adult Onset Stills Disease Presenting with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: Case Report and Review of the Literature. The Open Rheumatology Journal. 2013; 7: 111-114