Section of Emergency Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||2004||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign||Bioengineering
|MD||2008||Rush Medical College||
|Residency||2012||Cook County Hospital||Emergency Medicine
|MPH||2013||University of California Berkeley||Epidemiology
|Fellowship||2014||University of California San Francisco||EMS - Disaster Medicine
Dr. Tataris is the EMS Medical Director for the Chicago South EMS System in Region XI. She is interested in EMS field operations and the collaboration with mobile integrated healthcare systems. She also focuses on improving the management of time-sensitive conditions such as stroke and ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) both in the prehospital and the emergency department setting. Research projects include opiate abuse and prehospital naloxone administration. She is also interested in the intersection of public health and disaster preparedness.
Emergency medical services and disaster medicine, out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) and resuscitation, international EMS, prehospital toxicology, mass-gathering medical care
- Tataris K.Commentary: hybrid electric vehicles: stealthily taking over roadways nationwide.
Ann Emerg Med. 2014 Aug;64(2):196-7.
- Tataris K.Incidence rates of pedestrian and bicyclist crashes by hybrid electric passenger vehicles: an update. Ann Emerg Med. 2014 Aug;64(2):195-6.
- Tataris K, Mercer M, Brown J. Translation of EMS: Clinical Practice and System Oversight from Core Content Study Guide to Best Practices Implementation in an Urban EMS System. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014 Oct 7.
- Tataris, KL. Head Injuries. In: Sherman SC, Weber JM, Patwari RG, Schindlbeck MA. Clinical Emergency Medicine. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2014. p. 363-67.
- Tataris K, Kivlehan S, Govindarajan P. National trends in the utilization of emergency medical services for acute myocardial infarction and stroke.West J Emerg Med. 2014 Nov;15(7):744-8.