Section of Hematology / Oncology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||2002||University of Iowa||Microbiology
|MD||2006||Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science||
|Internship||2007||Boston University Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Residency||2009||Boston University Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2012||Weill Cornell Medical College||Medicine
|Fellowship||2012||Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center||Medical Oncology
Dr. Luke's research focuses on translational therapeutic advances for melanoma and early phase drug development, particularly immunotherapy. He serves as the national Study Chair for the only on-going national clinical trial for patients with advanced uveal (ocular) melanoma and is the principal investigator of several clinical trials of immunotherapy and targeted molecular therapies for melanoma and advanced cancer.
Management of patients with melanoma and advanced solid tumor malignancies.
- Antitumor Granuloma Formation by CD4+ T Cells in a Patient With Rapidly Progressive Melanoma Experiencing Spiking Fevers, Neuropathy, and Other Immune-Related Toxicity After Treatment With Ipilimumab.Luke JJ, Lezcano C, Hodi FS, Murphy GF.J Clin Oncol. 2014 Mar 10.
- Biology of advanced uveal melanoma and next steps for clinical therapeutics.Luke JJ, Triozzi PL, McKenna KC, Van Meir EG, Gershenwald JE, Bastian BC, Gutkind JS, Bowcock AM, Streicher HZ, Patel PM, Sato T, Sossman JA, Sznol M, Welch J, Thurin M, Selig S, Flaherty KT, Carvajal RD.Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2014 Aug 12.
- Realizing the potential of plasma genotyping in an age of genotype-directed therapies.
Luke JJ, Oxnard GR, Paweletz CP, Camidge DR, Heymach JV, Solit DB, Johnson BE; Cell Free DNA Working Group.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014 Aug 8;106(8).
- The Biology and Clinical Development of MEK Inhibitors for Cancer.Luke JJ, Ott PA, Shapiro GI.
Drugs. 2014 Dec;74(18):2111-28.
- Drug-Associated Dermatomyositis Following Ipilimumab Therapy: A Novel Immune-Mediated Adverse Event Associated With Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4 Blockade.Sheik Ali S, Goddard AL, Luke JJ, Donahue H, Todd DJ, Werchniak A, Vleugels RA.JAMA Dermatol. 2014 Oct 15