Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Associate Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1988||Gulhane School of Medicine||
|Residency||1992||Gulhane School of Medicine||Nuclear Medicine
|Residency||1994||St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center||Nuclear Medicine
|Residency||1997||Albert Einstein College||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2000||Baylor College of Medicine||Pulmonary and Critical Care
Dr. Bag is interested in improving access of patients with advanced lung failure to lung transplantation, education of practicing pulmonologists and pulmonary critical fellows on management of advanced lung diseases and optimizing outcomes of patients with chronic lung failure and transplantation.
Dr. Bag’s clinical interest is on management of patients with advanced and complex lung diseases including direct care of lung transplant candidates and recipients, optimizing patients with chronic lung failure, treatment of patients with interstitial lung diseases including idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension.
- Bag R, Griffith DE. Therapy for Mycobacterium avium complex lung disease. It ain't perfect, but it's progress. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015 Jan 1;191(1):14-6.
- Bag R, Bhimaraj A., Garikipati S. The role of primary care provider in care of thoracic organ transplant patients. In AD Kirk, SJ Knechtle, CP Larsen, JC Madsen, TC Pearson (editors). Textbook of Transplantation. Wiley---Blackwell September 2014: 428-442
- Tata S, Bag R, Subramanian R, Nilles K, Pastan S. Medical Management of the Surgical Patient. In Lubin, Dodson & Winawer (editors).Transplantation Medicine., 5th Edition, 2013: 451-465
- Bhorade S, Ahya VN, Baz MA, Valentine VG, Arcasoy SM, Love RB, Seethamraju H, Alex CG, Bag R, Deoliveira NC, Husain A, Vigneswaran WT, Charbeneau J, Krishnan JA, Durazo-Arvizu R, Norwick L, Garrity E. Comparison of sirolimus with azathioprine in a tacrolimus-based immunosuppressive regimen in lung transplantation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011 Feb 1;183(3):379-87
- Christie JD, Carby M, Bag R, Hertz M, Weil D. The Definition of Primary Graft Dysfunction: Consensus Statement of the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant.2005 Oct;24(10):1454-9.