Section of Cardiology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|Residency||2008||New York University||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2009||Montefiore Medical Center||Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation
|Fellowship||2012||UMDNJ Hospitals||Cardiovascular Disease
|Fellowship||2013||Massachussetts General Hospital||Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation
Dr. Sarswat is a board certified cardiologist that specializes in advanced heart failure and heart transplantation. She has a particular expertise in cardiac amyloidosis, pulmonary hypertension, mechanical circulatory support and cardiac resynchronization therapy. Along with her clinical pursuits, Dr. Sarswat also researches a variety of cardiology topics, investigating ways to improve the treatment and management of heart failure. She has been published in several peer-reviewed journals, including Echocardiography and the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
Heart failure,cardiac amyloidosis,pulmonary hypertension,cardiac resynchronization therapy,heart transplantation,cardiac sarcoidosis,mechanical circulatory support and cardiac critical care
- Sarswat N, Hollenberg S. Valvular Heart Disease. FP Essentials, Edition No. 397. Leawood, KS: American Academy of Family Physicians; June 2012
- Vittorio T, Lanier G, Zolty R, Sarswat N, Tseng CH, Colombo PC, Jorde UP. Association Between Endothelial Function and Chronotropic Incompetence in Subjects with Chronic Heart Failure Receiving Optimal Medical Therapy. Echocardiography. 2010 Mar; 27(3): 294-9.
- Pursnani A, Yee H, Slater W, Sarswat N. Hypersensitivity Myocarditis Associated with Azithromycin Exposure. Annals of Internal Medicine. February 2009, 150:3. 225-226.
- Desai N, Kalra A, Dalal A, Sarswat N, Ortman M. Cutaneous and Cardiac Myxomas in a Patient with Carney Complex. Am J Medicine 2012. Oct; 125(10):e9-e10
- Uriel N, Sayer G, Addetia K, Fedson S, Kim GH, Rodgers D, Kruse E, Collins K, Adatya S, Sarswat N, Jorde UP, Juricek C, Ota T, Jeevanandam V, Burkhoff D, Lang RM. Hemodynamic Ramp Tests in Patients with Left Ventricular Assist Devices. JACC Heart Failure 2016 March; 4(3): 208-17.