Section of Hematology / Oncology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||2003||Penn State College of Medicine||Medicine
|PhD||2003||Penn State College of Medicine||Cell and Molecular Biology
|Residency||2006||Mayo Clinic||Internal Medicine
|Clinical Fellow||2009||Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Ctr||Hematology/Oncology
|Research Fellow||2009||Harvard Medical School||Cancer Biology
|M.M.Sc.||2011||Harvard Medical School||Clinical Investigation
Dr. Patnaik is translational physician-scientist working at the interface between laboratory-based investigations and early phase clinical trials. He integrates his expertise in cancer biology, experimental therapeutics and medical oncology, to bring the most promising therapies to advanced cancer patients. In the clinic, he focuses on the treatment of patients with prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancers. In the laboratory, Dr. Patnaik and his research team focus on early phase drug development of kinase inhibitors and immunotherapy, with the goal of deploying mechanistically-driven, rational combinatorial approaches to maximize clinical benefit.
Prostate cancer, bladder/urothelial cancer, kidney cancer, testicular cancer, developmental therapeutics
- Shaywitz AJ*, Courtney KD*, Patnaik A*, Cantley LC (*Equal contribution). PI3K Enters Beta Testing. Cell Metab. 2008; 8:179-81. PMCID: PMC3389549.
- Giorgia Z, Carmen P, Patnaik A, Loda M. New strategies in Prostate Cancer: Targeting Lipogenic Pathways and the Energy Sensor AMPK. Clin Can Res. 2010; 16(13):3322-8. PMCID: PMC3176306.
- Nardella C, Lunardi A, Patnaik A, Cantley LC, Pandolfi PP. The APL Paradigm and the “Co-Clinical Trial” Project. Cancer Discovery. 2011; 1:108-116. PMCID: PMC3222327.
- González-Billalabeitia* E, Seitzer N* (co-first author), Song SJ, Song MS, Patnaik A, Liu XS, Epping MT, Papa A, Hobbs R, Chen M, Lunardi A, Webster KA, Signoretti S, Loda M, Asara J, Nardella C, Cantley LC, Pandolfi PP. p53 Status Dictates Differential Response to PARP inhibition upon PTEN-loss. Cancer Discovery. 2014; PMID: 24866151
- Mahoney K, Gupta, M, Patnaik A. Isolated Ovarian Metastasis in an Elderly Woman with a Prior History of Superficial Bladder Cancer. Clin Med Rev Case Rep. 2015; 2:064.