Section of Gastroenterology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MA||2004||Tufts University ||Psychology
|MD||2008||Tufts University School of Medicine ||Medicine
|Residency||2011||Massachusetts General Hospital||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2014||Tufts Medical Center||Gastroenterology
|MS||2015||Tufts University ||Clinical and Translational Science
|Fellowship||2016||Massachusetts General Hospital ||Transplant Hepatology Fellow
As a hepatologist, Dr. Paul specializes in the care of patients with liver disease, with a particular interest in hepatitis B, autoimmune and cholestatic liver diseases, and liver transplantation. She is also an active researcher with a focus on evidenced based medicine and patient centered outcomes.
Hepatitis B, primary biliary cholangitis,primary biliary cirrhosis,autoimmune hepatitis,liver transplantation
- Paul S, Shuja A, Tam I, Kim EM, Kang S, Kapulsy L, Viveiros K, Lee H. Gastroenterologists Have Sub-Optimal Hepatitis B Virus Screening Rates in Patients Receiving Immunosuppressive Therapy. Digestive Disease and Sciences. 2016; 164(1):30-40.
- Paul S, Saxena A, Terrin N, Viveiros K, Balk E, Wong J. Hepatitis B Reactivation and Prophylaxis During Solid Tumor Chemotherapy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2016; 164(1):30-40.
- Paul S, Sebehr GJ, Weinstein B, Roper J. Co-occurrence of idiopathic granulomatous hepatitis and primary biliary cirrhosis. Digestive Disease and Sciences. 2014; 59(11):2831-15.
- Paul S, Wand M, Emerick GT, Richter JM. The role of lantanoprost in an inflammatory bowel disease flare. Gastroenterology Report. 2014; 2(3):232-4.
- Patwardhan V, Paul S, Corey KE, Mazhar SM, Richter JM, Thiim M, Chung RT. Hepatocellular Carcinoma Screening Rates Vary by Etiology of Cirrhosis and Specialist Involvement. Digestive Disease and Sciences. 2011; 56(11):3316-22.