Section of Geriatrics
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||2009||University of Buffalo School of Medicine||Medicine
|Residency||2012||University of Rochester Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Clinical Fellowship||2014||Harvard Medical School/Beth Israel Deaconess||Geriatric Medicine
|Research Fellowship||2015||Harvard Medical School/Beth Israel Deaconess||Geriatric Medicine
|MPH||2016||Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health||Clinical Effectiveness
Dr. Gleason’s primary interests in geriatrics are in co-management, frailty, delirium, and polypharmacy. She has experience working in geriatric surgical co-management models at both at the University of Rochester and Brigham and Women’s Hospital and really believes in the co-management model for frail older adults. She has been an active member in the American Geriatric Society and currently serves on the Public Relations/Health in Aging Foundation Subcommittee
Dr. Gleason's clinical interests align with her academic interests including frailty assessment for improved surgical outcome, care transitions, and delirium in hospitalized adults.
- Gleason LJ, Schmitt EM, Kosar CM, Tabloski P, Saczynski JS, Robinson T, Cooper Z, Jones RN, Marcantonio EM, Inouye SK. Adverse Events After Elective Surgery in Older Adults: Impact of Delirium and Other Major Complications. JAMA Surg. 2015;150(12):1134-40.
- Murthy S, Hepner DL, Cooper Z, Javedan H, Gleason LJ, Chi JH, Bader AM. Leveraging the
pre-operative clinic to engage older patients in shared decision making about
complex surgery: an illustrative case. A&A Case Rep. 2016; 15;7(2):30-2.
- Gleason LJ, Mendelson DA, Kates SL, Friedman SM. Anticoagulation Management in Hip Fracture Patients. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62(1):159-164.
- Gillespie SM, Gleason LJ, Karuza J, Shah M. Health Care Providers’ Opinions on Communication Between Nursing Homes and Emergency Departments. JAMDA. 2010;11(3): 204-210.
- Gleason LJ*, Fong TG*, Wong B, Habtemariam D, Jones RN, Schmitt EM, de Rooij SE, Saczynski JS, Gross AL, Bean JF, Brown CJ, Fick DM, Gruber-Baldini AL, O’Connor M, Tabloski PA, Marcantonio ER, Inouye SK. Cognitive and physical demands of activities of daily living in older adults: Validation of expert panel ratings. PM&R. 2015;7(7):725-735. (*these authors contributed equally as co-first authors)