Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Professor of Medicine
Director, Pulmonary Function Test Lab; Director, Adult CF program
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1983||Marquette University||Biomedical Engineering
|Residency||1990||Michael Reese Hospital||Internal Medicine
|Residency||1991||Michael Reese Hospital||Chief Resident
|Fellowship||1994||The University of Chicago||Pulmonary and Critical Care
Dr. Naureckas’ research involves care delivery of appropriate care for diseases of the airways. He participates as a principal investigator or co-investigator in multicenter research networks focused on cystic fibrosis, asthma and COPD. These include the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation sponsored Therapeutics Development Workshop, the American Lung Association Asthma Clinical Research Consortium and the NIH sponsored AsthmaNet and CONCERT networks. He is co-chairman of the Chronic Therapies Guidelines Committee for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Pulmonary diseases including the care of asthma, cystic fibrosis and COPD.
- Press VG, Arora VM, Shah LM, Lewis SL, Charbeneau J, Naureckas ET, Krishnan JA. Teaching the Use of Respiratory Inhalers to Hospitalized Patients with Asthma or COPD: a Randomized Trial. J Gen Intern Med. 2012 Oct;27(10):1317-25. Epub 2012 May 17.
- Stein BD, Charbeneau JT, Lee TA, Schumock GT, Lindenauer PK, Bautista A,Lauderdale D, Naureckas ET, Krishnan JA. Hospitalizations for acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. How you count matters. COPD; 2010; 7:164-71
- Davis SQ, Permutt Z, Permutt S, Naureckas ET, Bilderbak AL, Rand CS, Stein BD, Krishnan JA. Perception of airflow obstruction in patients hospitalized for acute asthma. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. 2009; 102:455-61.
- Davis SQ, Krishnan JA, Lee K, Persky V, Naureckas ET. Effect of a community-wide asthma intervention on appropriate use of inhaled corticosteroids. J. Urb. Health; 2011; 88 S1:144-155
- Press VG, Arora VM, Shah LM, Lewis SL, Ivy K, Charbeneau J, Badlani S, Naurekas ET, Mazurek A, Krishnan JA. Misuse of Respiratory Inhalers in Hospitalized Patients with Asthma or COPD. J. Gen Int Med 2011 Apr;26(4):458