Section of General Internal Medicine
Associate Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1996||Mount Sinai School of Medicine||
|Residency||1999||The University of Chicago||Medicine-Pediatrics
|Residency||2000||The University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
Dr.Hong has developed a women’s health curriculum for the internal medicine residents which has been integrated into the residency program. She is also active in the women’s health education of the Pritzker medical students. In addition to her clinical and teaching responsibilities she is interested in the health issues specific to breast cancer survivors and has begun the breast cancer survivor clinic at the University of Chicago.
Breast Cancer Survivorship, Women’s Health.
- Hong S, Friedman J. The primary prevention of coronary heart disease in women: an overview. Cardiology Review 2005;22:14-20.
- Hong S, Friedman J, Alt S. “Modifiable Risk Factors for the Primary Prevention of Heart Disease in Women” J Am Med Womens Assoc 2003;58:278-284
- Hong S, Berkowitz G, Wang W. “Unexplained Elevated Maternal Serum Alpha-Fetoprotein Levels and Pregnancy Outcome in Twins." Obstetrics & Gynecology 1996;88:337-342
- Ottman R, Hong S, Lipton R. “Validity of Family History Data on Severe Headache and Migraine” Neurology 1993;43:1954-1960.
- Ottman R. Lee JH, Hauser WA, Hong S, Hesdorffer D, Schupf N, Pedley TA, Scheuer ML. “Reliability of Seizure Classification Using a Semistructured Interview” Neurology 1993;43:2526-2530.