Section of General Internal Medicine
Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1978||University of Illinois||Biology
|MD||1982||The University of Chicago||
|Residency||1984||The University of Chicago||Medicine
|Residency||1985||University of California||Medicine
|Fellowship||1986||University of California||Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
Dr. Altkorn is a clinician-educator whose work includes curriculum development and teaching at the medical student, resident, and faculty levels. Her areas of interest include evidence-based medicine, feedback in medical education, and resident scholarly activity. With two colleagues in the Section of General Medicine, she is currently writing a book on clinical reasoning for junior medical students.
General internal medicine.
- Altkorn D. Diagnosis and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. Seminars in Anesthesia. Perioperative Medicine and Pain. 2002;21:8-15.
- Altkorn D, Vokes T. Treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. JAMA. 2001;285(11):1415-1418.
- Roach K, Stern S, Altkorn D, Cifu A, Levinson W. Update in general internal medicine. Ann Int Med. 2000;133:209-217.
- Stern S, Altkorn D, Levinson W. Anticoagulation for chronic atrial fibrillation. JAMA. 2000;283:2901-2903.
- Brukner H, Altkorn D, Cook S, Quinn M, McNabb W. Giving effective feedback to medical students: a workshop for faculty and housestaff. Medical Teacher. 1999;21(2):161-165.