Section of General Internal Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1975||State University of New York||Biology
|MD||1979||State University of New York||
|Residency||1982||University of Wisconsin||Internal Medicine
Dr. Stern has been an advisor to the University of Chicago Practice Plan for utilization review and quality improvement. He is actively involved in clinical research and is currently recruiting patients for the SELECT prostate cancer prevention trial.
Preoperative evaluation, managed care.
- Symptom To Diagnosis: An Evidence-Based Guide. Stern S, Cifu A, Altkorn D. McGraw Hill Publishing Company 2006: At this time the book is used widely within the United States and has been translated into Portuguese, Japanese, Russian and Greek. Over 25,000 copies sold to date
- Symptom To Diagnosis: An Evidence-Based Guide 2nd Edition: Stern S, Cifu A, Altkorn D. McGraw Hill Publishing Company. 2010; Chinese Translation planned
- Levinson W, Roach K, Altkorn D, Stern S. Update in General Internal Medicine. Ann Intern Med 1998;129:212-220
- Stern S, Altkorn D, Levinson W. Detection of Prostate and Colon Cancer. JAMA July 8, 1998 117-8.
- Levinson W, Altkorn A, Stern S, Roach K. Update in general internal medicine, 1998. ACP Journal Club July/August 1998 A12-4