Section of Emergency Medicine
Associate Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1980||University of Illinois||Biochemistry
|MD||1984||University of Illinois||
|Residency||1987||University of Illinois||Internal Medicine
|Residency||1990||The University of Chicago||Emergency Medicine
Dr. Mulliken is a clinician-educator. His work involves teaching at the medical student and emergency medicine residency levels. Dr. Mulliken’s academic interests involve conducting clinical trials, geriatric outcomes as well as asthma education and outcomes. He is a national ABEM Oral Board’s examiner.
Patient safety-quality improvement, medical economics, critical care emergency medicine, dermatologic clues to medical illness
- Chin MH, Jin L. Karrison TG, Mulliken R, Cox Hayley D, Walter J, Miller A, Friedmann PD. Older patients’ health-related quality of life around an episode of emergency illness. Ann Emerg Med. 1999;34;5:595-603.
- Chin MH, Wang LC, Jin L, Mulliken R, Walter J, Cox Hayley D, Karrison TG, Nerney MP, Miller A, Friedmann PD. The appropriateness of medication selection for older persons in the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 1999 December; 6 (12).
- Mulliken R, Casner M, Oral Manifestations of Systemic Disease Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. August 2000.
- Friedmann PD, Jin L, Karrison T, Cox Hayley D, Mulliken R, Walter J, Chin MH. Early revisit, hospitalization or death among older persons discharged from the emergency department. Am J Emerg Med. 2001. 19 (2):125-129.
- Nerney MP, Chin MH, Jin L, Karrison T, Walter J, Mulliken R, Miller A, Cox Hayley D, Friedmann PD. Factors associated with older patients-satisfaction with care in an inner-city emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 2001 August 38 (2).