Section of Hematology / Oncology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1996||Illinois Benedictine College||Molecular Biology
|MD||2001||University of Chicago||Medicine
|Residency||2004||The University of Chicago Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2007||The University of Chicago Medical Center||Hematology/Oncology
Dr. Kline's research focuses on overcoming barriers to immune resistance mechanisms in tumors. He develops murine models to improve immune-mediated rejection of cancer that can be translated into clinical trials for patients with advanced malignancies.
Allogeneic stem cell transplantation (bone marrow or blood stem cells transplanted from a donor) in the treatment of these malignant diseases
- Zhang L, Gajewski TF, Kline J. PD-1/PD-L1 interactions inhibit anti-tumor immune responses in a murine acute myeloid leukemia model. Blood. 2009 May 5. [Epub ahead of print].
- Kline J, Driessens G, Gajewski, TF. Costimulatory and co-inhibitory receptors in anti-tumor immunity. Immunol Rev. 2009 May;229(1):126-44.
- Kline J, Brown I, Zha Y, Blank CB, Strickler J, Wouters H, Zhang L, Gajewski TF: Homeostatic proliferation plus regulatory T cell depletion promotes potent rejection of B16 melanoma. Clin Cancer Res 2008 May 15;14(10):3156-67.
- Brown I, Kline J, Blank CB, Kacha A, Gajewski TF: Homeostatic proliferation as an isolated variable reverses CD8+ T cell anergy and promotes tumor rejection. J Immunol 2006 Oct 1;177(7):4521-9.
- Kline J, Pollyea DA, Stock W, Artz A, Rich E, Godley L, Zimmerman T, Thompson K, Pursell K, Larson RA, van Besien K. Pre-transplant ganciclovir and post transplant high-dose valacyclovir reduce CMV infections after alemtuzumab-based conditioning. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006 Feb;37(3):307-10.