Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Professor of Medicine
Director, Respiratory Clinical Research
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1981||University of Michigan||Biomedical Sciences
|MD||1984||University of Micihgan||
|Residency||1987||The University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1990||The University of Chicago||Pulmonary and Critical Care
Dr. Strek conducts clinical research studies to develop new medications for the treatment of asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis and pulmonary fibrosis. The goal of these studies is to provide improved treatment for patients with Pulmonary Diseases; some studies also provide insight into the pathophysiology of the disease process itself.
Obstructive lung disease (asthma, COPD and bronchiectasis), interstitial lung disease especially idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and lung disease as a result of connective tissue disorders.
- Strek, ME. Difficult asthma. Proc Am Thorac Soc 2006; 3:116-123.
- Patterson K, Strek ME. Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Proc Am Thorac Soc 2010; 7:237-244.
- Vij R, Noth I , Strek ME. Autoimmune featured interstitial lung disease: a distinct entity. Chest 2011.
- Strek ME, Noth I. Non-specific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP). American College of Chest Physicians: Pulmonary and critical care update online, 2011.
- McShane PJ, Naureckas ET, Strek ME. Bronchiectasis in a diverse US population. Effects of ethnicity on etiology and sputum culture. Chest 2012;142:159-167.