Section of Cardiology
Professor of Medicine
Associate Director, Cardiology Fellowship Training Program; Director, Cardiac Noninvasive Imaging Laboratories
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1977||Universidad Nacional de Buenos Aires||
|Residency||1981||Tel-Aviv University||Internal Medicine
|Residency||1983||University of Wisconsin||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1984||The University of Chicago||Cardiology
|Fellowship||1985||The University of Chicago||Cardiac Non-Invasive Physiology
Dr. Lang is interested in the clinical utility of noninvasive techniques in assessing left ventricular contractile state, ventriculo vascular coupling and myocardial perfusion and energetics in humans. He is also investigating the interaction of the heart and systemic circulation as determinants of left ventricular loading conditions and systemic hypertension as well as left ventricular mechanics in hypertension and congestive heart failure. Utilizing three dimensional echocardiography, automated border detection and contrast echocardiography, he is also evaluating ventriculo-vascular function.
Valvular heart disease, heart failure, hypertension, coronary artery disease, echocardiography.
- Mor-Avi V, Sugeng L, Weinert L, MacEneaney P, Caiani EG, Koch R, Salgo I, Lang RM. Fast measurement of left ventricular mass using real time three-dimensional echocardiography: Comparison with magnetic resonance imaging. Circulation 2004 Sep 28;110(13):1814-8.
- Zamorano J, Sugeng L, Cordeiro P, de Isla LP, Weinert L, Lang RM. Real Time 3D Echocardiography for Rheumatic mitral valve stenosis evaluation: An accurate and novel approach. J Am Coll Cardiol (In Press)
- Lang RM, Mor-Avi V, Zoghbi WA, Senior R, Klein AL, Pearlman AS. The role of contrast enhancement in echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular function. Am J of Cardiol 90 (suppl):28J-34J, 2002
- Sugeng L, Weinert L, Lang RM. Left ventricular assessment using real-time three dimensional echocardiography. Heart 89 (Suppl III):iii29-iii36, 2003.
- Mor-Avi V, Korcarz CE, Collins KA, DeCara JM, Caiani EG, Lang RM. Simultaneous real-time imaging of myocardial perfusion and regional function using color-encoded, contrast-enhanced power modulation images. J Am Soc of Echocardiography 16:1258-1266, 2003.