Section of Hematology / Oncology
Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1985||Indiana University||English and Chemistry
|Residency||1992||Indiana University||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1996||The University of Chicago||Hematology/Oncology
|Fellowship||1996||The University of Chicago||Medical Ethics
Dr. Daugherty’s interests involve the study of ethical issues in cancer care and clinical research, with a specific focus on doctor-patient communication, decision making, and issues of informed consent. Dr. Daugherty’s clinical expertise is in caring for patients with hematologic malignancies and those undergoing stem cell transplant.
Stem cell transplantation, leukemia.
- Gordon EJ, Daugherty CK: “Hitting you over the head”: Oncologists’ disclosure of prognosis to advanced cancer patients. Bioethics 17: 142-68, 2003
- Helft PR, Hlubocky FJ, Daugherty CK: American oncologists’ views of Internet use by cancer patients: A mail survey of American Society of Clinical Oncology members. J Clin Oncol 21: 942-47, 2003
- Helft PR, Hlubocky FJ, Wen M, Daugherty CK: Associations among awareness of prognosis, hopefulness and coping in advanced cancer patients participating in phase I clinical trials. Support Care Cancer 11: 644-51, 2003
- Daugherty CK, Steensma D: Overcoming obstacles to hospice and palliative care: An ethical examination of inertia and inaction, J Clin Oncol 20: 2752-2755, 2002
- Daugherty CK: The impact of therapeutic research on informed consent and the ethics of clinical trials: A medical oncology perspective. J Clin Oncol 17: 1601-17, 1999