Section of General Internal Medicine
Professor of Medicine
Associate Dean of Students, Pritzker School of Medicine;
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|Residency||1995||The University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Residency||1996||The University of Chicago||Chief Resident
Dr. Woodruff is the Associate Dean of Students, Pritzker School of Medicine. His academic interests include curriculum development for medical students and residents, especially in the ambulatory setting.
Ambulatory and inpatient general medicine.
- "Impact of mobile tablet computers on internal medicine resident efficiency."Patel BK, Chapman CG, Luo N, Woodruff JN, Arora VM.Arch Intern Med. 2012 Mar 12;172(5):436-8
- "Patient acuity rating: quantifying clinical judgment regarding inpatient stability."Edelson DP, Retzer E, Weidman EK, Woodruff J, Davis AM, Minsky BD, Meadow W, Hoek TL, Meltzer DO.
J Hosp Med. 2011 Oct;6(8):475-9.
- "Supplementing Cross-Cover Communication with the Patient Acuity Rating."Phillips AW, Yuen TC, Retzer E, Woodruff J, Arora V, Edelson DP.J Gen Intern Med. 2012 Nov 6
- "Association of workload of on-call medical interns with on-call sleep duration, shift duration, and participation in educational activities. Arora VM, Georgitis E, Siddique J, Vekhter B, Woodruff JN, Humphrey HJ, Meltzer DO. JAMA. 2008 Sep 10;300(10):1146-53."
- "Improving sleep hygiene of medical interns: can the sleep, alertness, and fatigue education in residency program help? Arora VM, Georgitis E, Woodruff JN, Humphrey HJ, Meltzer D
Arch Intern Med. 2007 Sep 10;167(16):1738-44."