Section of Gastroenterology
Professor of Medicine
Dean for Faculty Affairs;
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MS||1986||Northwestern University||Neurobiology and Physiology
|Residency||1993||Northwestern University||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1996||University of Illinois||Gastroenterology
Dr. Kim’s interests include colon cancer chemoprevention, colon cancer screening for average risk and high risk populations, especially hereditary colon cancer syndromes, with an emphasis on the underserved and minority populations. Dr. Kim is actively involved in health disparities research as it relates to GI malignancies. In addition, Dr. Kim’s clinical interests have included the education and awareness of hepatitis B in Asian Americans through screening, advocacy, treatment and immunization for liver cancer prevention.
Hereditary colon cancer syndromes, colon cancer genetics, familial colon cancer, colorectal cancer screening, hepatitis B,women’s health
- Kim, K.E. Protein-losing gastroenteropathy. Gastrointestinal Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Management, Seventh Edition. M.H. Sleisenger and J. S. Fordtran, eds. W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, PA., 2001
- Kim, KE, (editor), Acute gastrointestinal bleeding. Clinical Gastroenterology, 1st edition, Humana Press Inc., 2002
- Chung, P and K.E. Kim. Epidemiology of Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding, In Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding, 1st Edition, Kim (ed), Human Press Inc, 2002.
- Kim, K.E. Risk assessment and screening for colorectal cancer. In Cancer Chemotherapy and Biological Response Modifiers Annual 21, Elsevier Science LTD, 2003
- K.E. Kim. Gastric cancer in Korean Americans: Risks and reductions. Korean and Korean American Studies Bulletin, vol. 13, no. 1/2, 2003.