Section of Gastroenterology
Professor of Medicine
Chair, Women's Committee
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1989||University of Philippines||Medical Sciences
|MD||1992||University of Philippines||
|Residency||1996||Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Residency||1997||Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center||Chief Resident
|Fellowship||2000|| The University of Chicago||Gastroenterology
Dr. Te’s work in liver diseases include the study of alternative forms of therapy for liver conditions that have eluded successful treatment in the past, and the natural history and management of special populations of hepatitis C-infected patients. In the field of liver transplantation, Dr. Te is interested in the prevention and treatment of post-transplant complications such as graft rejection, recurrent liver disease, and adverse effects of immunosuppressive medications.
General hepatology, cirrhosis and its complications, liver transplantation
- Levitsky J, Hart J, Cohen SM, Te HS. The Effect of Immunosuppressive Regimens on the Recurrence of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis After Liver Transplantation. Liver Transplantation 2003;9:733-736.
- Chung PY, Sitrin MD, Te HS. Serum Phosphorus Levels Predict Clinical Outcome in Fulminant Hepatic Failure. Liver Transplantation 2003;9:248-53.
- Te HS, Schiano TD, Conjeevaram HS, Baker AL. Long-term Follow-up of Liver Transplant Patients Undergoing Cyclosporine Withdrawal. Transplantation Proceedings, 2001;33:2874-2877.
- Te HS, Schiano TD, Kuan SF, Hanauer SB, Conjeevaram HS, Baker AL. Hepatic Effects of Long-term Methotrexate Use in the Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2000;95:3150-3156.
- Te HS, Schiano TD, Das S, Kuan SF, Conjeevaram HS, DasGupta K, Baker AL. Donor Liver UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase-1A1 Deficiency Causing Gilbert’s Syndrome in Liver Transplant Recipients. Transplantation 2000;69:1882-1886.