Section of Hematology / Oncology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1993||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Chemical Engineering
|MD||1998||University of Chicago||Medicine
|Residency||2001||University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2005||University of Chicago||Chief Fellow
|Fellowship||2005||University of Chicago||Hematology Oncology
Dr. Nanda’s clinical interest is in the treatment of breast cancer. In particular, she is interested in early onset breast cancer, hereditary breast cancer and male breast cancer. Her research is focused on identifying novel targets for the treatment of basal-like breast cancers, on better understanding the role of genetics and epigenetics in breast carcinogenesis, and how these alterations might represent novel targets in the treatment of breast cancer.
Early onset breast cancer, hereditary breast cancer, male breast cancer
- Nanda R, Hu Z, He X, Tretiakova M, Grushko T, Ikpatt F, Perou CM, Olopade OI. Characterization of Aggressive Breast Cancer in African American and Caucasian Women: Patterns of Gene Expression in Primary Breast Tumors. JCO Vol 22, No.14S: 9513, 2004.
- Nanda R, Schumm LP, Cummings S, Ademuyiwa F, Lindor NM, Cobleigh M, Esserman L, Neuhausen S, and Olopade OI. Genetic testing in an Ethnically Diverse Cohort of High Risk Women: A Comparative Analysis of BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations in American Families of European and African Ancestry. JAMA. 2005 Oct 19; 294(15):1925-33.
- Wei M, Grushko T, Dignam J, Hagos H, Nanda R, Sveen L, Xu J, Fackenthal J, Das S and Olopade OI. BRCA1 Promoter Methylation in Sporadic Breast Cancer is Associated with Reduced BRCA1 Copy Number and Chromosome 17 Aneusomy. Cancer Research. 2005 Dec 1;65(23):10692-9.
- Livasy C, Karaca G, Nanda R, Tretiakova M, Olopade O, Perou CM. Phenotypic Evaluation of the Basal-Like Subtype of Invasive Breast Carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2006 Feb;19(2):264-71.
- Hu Z, Fan C, Marron J, He X, Qaqish B, Karaca G, Livasy C, Carey L, Reynolds E, Dressler L, Nobel A, Parker J, Ewend M, Sawyer L, Xiang D, Wu J, Liu Y, Karaca M,
Nanda R, Tretiakova M, Orrico A, Dreher D, Palazzo J, Perreard L, Nelson E, Mone M, Hansen H, Mullins M, Quackenbush J, Olopade O, Bernard P, Perou CM. A New Breast Tumor Intrinsic Gene List Identifies Novel Characteristics that are Conserved Across Microarray Platforms. BMC Genomics. 2006 Apr 27;7(1):96.