Section of Nephrology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Co-Medical Director,Lake Park Dialysis facility; Director, Nephrology Outpatient Clinic
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1994||University of Health Sciences, India||Biological Sciences
|MD||1994||University of Health Sciences||Medicine and Surgery
|Residency||2000||Wayne State University||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2002||The University of Chicago||Nephrology
Dr. Reddy studies chronic kidney disease and hemodialysis. She is interested in monitoring and improving the longevity of vascular access and in treatment options for secondary hyperparathyroidism. Her other interests include prevention of staphylococcus bacteremia in hemodialysis patients and anticoagulation during hemodialysis.
Care of patients with chronic kidney disease including those on hemodialysis
- Tang IY, Cox DS, Patel K, Reddy BV, Nahlik L, Trevino S, Murray PT: Argatroban and renal replacement therapy in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Ann Pharmacother. 2005 Feb;39(2):231-6. Epub 2005 Jan 4.
- Reddy BV, Grossman EJ, Trevino SA, Hursting MJ, Murray PT: Argatroban anticoagulation in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia requiring renal replacement therapy. Ann Pharmacother. 2005 Oct;39(10):1601-5. Epub 2005 Aug 30.
- Murray PT, Reddy BV, Grossman EJ, Hammes MS, Trevino S, Ferrell J, Tang I, Hursting MJ, Shamp TR, Swan SK: A prospective comparison of three argatroban treatment regimens during hemodialysis in end-stage renal disease. Kidney Int. 2004 Dec;66(6):2446-53.
- Reddy BV: Argatroban use in dialysis patients. Jan-Feb 17(1): 73, 2004. Seminars in dialysis Reddy B, Cheung AKH: Hemodialysis: Lai KN (eds). A Practical Manual of Renal Medicine: Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, World Scientific, 2009
- Reddy B, Murray P: Acute Renal Failure: In Hall JB, Schmidt GA, Wood LDH (eds). The Principles of Critical Care, McGraw-Hill, 2005.