Section of Dermatology
Associate Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1994||Albert Einstein College of Medicine||
|Residency||1997||The New England Medical Center||Pediatrics
Dr. Stein is a clinician-educator whose work includes dermatology curriculum development and teaching at the faculty, resident and medical student levels. She coordinates the general and pediatric dermatology electives for the medical students and participates regularly in morning report and teaching sessions for the pediatric residents. Her area of interest is pediatric dermatology and she is involved in writing for textbooks and web-based reference sources.She lectures at CME-sponsored events.She is board certified in dermatology and pediatric dermatology.
General pediatric dermatology, pulsed dye laser therapy.
For a Pediatric Dermatology Appointment call : 1-888-K1D-DERM (1-888-513-3376)
- Sharma VM, Stein SL. A novel mutation in K6b in Pachyonychia Congenita type 2. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2007;127:2060-62.
- Metry DW, Siegel DH, Cordisco MR, Pope E, Prendiville J, Drolet BA, Horii KA, Stein SL, Frieden IJ. A Comparison of disease severity among affected male versus female patients with PHACE syndrome. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2008;58:81-7.
- Vora S, Inger D, Fulginiti V, Weber SG, Kahana M, Stein SL, Gerber S, Garcia-Houchins S, Lederman E, Hruby D, Collins L, Scott D, Thompson K, Barson J, Regnery R, Hughes C, Li Y, Zhao H, Smith S, Braden Z, Karem K, Olson V, Davidson W, Trindade G, Marcinak J. Severe Eczema Vaccinatum in a household contact of a smallpox vaccinee. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2008;46:1555-61
- Sharma VM, Ruiz de Luzuriaga AM, Waggoner D, Greenwald M, Stein SL. Microphthalmia with linear skin defects-A case report and review of the literature. Pediatric Dermatology. 2008;25(5):548.
- Stein SL. Dermatology. In Pediatric Examination and Board Review, 2nd edition. Eds Daum RS, Canel JJ. McGraw-Hill: New York. 2009. Chapter 3.