Section of Hematology / Oncology
Associate Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1988||The University of Ibadan||Medicine
|Residency||1994||University of Illinois||Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
|Fellowship||1997||The University of Chicago||Hematology/Oncology
Dr. Odenike’s research is focused on the development of novel therapeutic agents for the treatment of acute and chronic leukemias, and chronic myeloproliferative diseases, with the ultimate goal of improving treatment options for patients with these diseases. She is the principal investigator on a number of clinical trials investigating molecularly targeted agents in this patient population. These clinical trials also integrate laboratory studies to evaluate the effect that these agents are having on cancer cells.
Acute and chronic leukemias, chronic myeloproliferative diseases, myelodysplastic syndrome, lymphomas, stem cell transplantation.
- Odenike OM, Sobecks RM, Janisch LA, Huo D, Zimmerman TM, Daugerty CK, Ratain MJ, Larson RA: Phase I study of Gemcitabine and Cladribine in Patients with Advanced Hematologic Malignancies. Cancer Chemother Pharmacology 2004 Dec;54(6):553-61
- Van Besien K, Smith S, Anastasi J, Larson R, Thirman M, Odenike T, Stock W. Irreversible Myelosuppression after Fludarabine-Melphalan conditioning. Observations in Patients with Graft Rejection. Letter to the editor, Blood 2004 Jun 1;103(11)4373-4.
- Sobulo OM, Borrow J, Tomek R, Reshmi S, Harden A, Housman D, Doggett N, Rowley JD, Zeleznik-Le NJ: MLL is fused to CBP, a histone-acetyl-transferase, in therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia with a t(11;16)(q23;p13.3). Proc.Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 94:8732-8737,1997.
- Rowley JD, Reshmi S, Sobulo OM, Raimondi S, Schneider N, Barredo J, Schlegelberger B, Behm F, Doggett N, Borrow J, Zeleznik-Le NJ: All patients with the t(11;16)(q23;p13.3) which involves MLL and CBP have treatment-related hematologic disorders. Blood, 90:535-541,1997.
- Odenike OM, Michaelis L, Stock W: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. In: Oncology- An Evidence-Based Approach. - In Press.