Section of Hospital Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||2001||University of Chicago||Medicine
|Residency||2004||The University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2005||The University of Chicago||Resuscitation Science
|Fellowship||2007||University of Chicago||Hospital Medicine
|MS||2007||University of Chicago||Health Studies
Dr. Edelson is a Hospitalist whose academic interests include cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Her work involves measuring CPR quality during actual resuscitations and using feedback and debriefing to improve rescuer performance and patient outcomes. She is also interested in prediction tools and prevention strategies for in-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Edelson DP, Robertson-Dick BJ, Yuen TC, Eilevstjønn J, Walsh D, Bareis CJ, Vanden Hoek TL, Abella BS. Safety and efficacy of defibrillator charging during ongoing chest compressions: A multi-center study. Resuscitation. 2010, accepted manuscript in press.
- Edelson, DP. A Weak Link in the Rapid Response System. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2010;170(1):12-3.
- Edelson DP, Eilevstjønn J, Weidman EK, Retzer E, Vanden Hoek TL, Abella BS. Capnography and chest wall impedance algorithms for ventilation detection during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2010; 81(3):317-22.
- Edelson DP, Litzinger B, Arora V, Walsh D, Kim S, Lauderdale D, Vanden Hoek TL, Becker LB, Abella BS. Resuscitation with Actual Performance Integrated Debriefing (RAPID) Improves CPR Quality and Initial Patient Survival. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2008; 168(10): 1063-9.
- Edelson DP, Abella BS, Kramer-Johansen J, Wik L, Myklebust H, Barry AM, Merchant RM, Vanden Hoek TL, Steen PA, Becker LB. Effects of compression depth and pre-shock pauses predict defibrillation failure during cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2006; 71(2): 137-45.