Section of Hospital Medicine
Professor of Medicine
Associate Program Director,Internal Medicine Residency Program, Mercy Hospital
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1988||The University of Texas||Biochemistry
|MD||1993||The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School||
|Residency||1996||The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School||Internal Medicine
Dr. Reddy's primary area of interest and expertise is medical education. She has held significant leadership roles in medical student and resident education and continues to actively teach in clinical settings. She has conducted research in four main areas:(1) professional development; (2); the fourth year of medical school and the residency matching process and trainees’ selection of specialties (3) feedback in medical education; and (4) assessment in graduate medical education. Currently, she focuses the majority of her time working with residents and conducting research in assessment of clinical competence.
Hospitalized internal medicine patients
- Reddy, S. T., Farnan, J. M., Yoon, J. D., Leo, T.,Upadhyay, G. A., Humphrey, H. J., & Arora, V. M. (2007). Third-year medical students' participation in and perceptions of unprofessional behaviors. Academic Medicine, 82(10), S35-S39.
- Hauer K.E., Durning S.J., Kernan W.N., Fagan M.J., Mintz M., O'Sullivan P.S., Battistone M., DeFer T., Elnicki M., Harrell H., Reddy S., Boscardin C.K., Schwartz M.D. “Factors associated with medical students' career choices regarding internal medicine.” JAMA. 2008 Sep 10;300(10):1154-64.
- Durning S.J., Elnicki D.M., Cruess D., Reddy S., Kernan W.N., Harrell H.E., Schwartz M.D., Fagan M.J., Battistone M., Hauer K.E. “Almost Internists: Analysis of Students Who Considered Internal Medicine but Chose Other Fields.” Academic Medicine. 2011, 86, 2, 194-200
- Jena A.B., Arora V.M., Hauer K.E., Durning S., Borges N., Oriol N., Elnicki M., Fagan M.J., Harrell H.E., Torre D., Prochaska M., Meltzer D.O., Reddy S.T. The Prevalence and Nature of Postinterview Communications Between Residency Programs and Applicants During the Match between residency programs and applicants during the National Residency Match Academic Medicine Oct 2012, 87, 10.
- Sidlow R., Mechaber, A. J., Reddy S., Fagan M., & Marantz P. R. (2002). The internal medicine subinternship. Journal of general internal medicine, 17(7), 561-564.