Section of Hematology / Oncology
Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1970||Pennsylvania State University||Pre Medical Studies
|MD||1972||Thomas Jefferson University||
|Residency||1975||University of Pennsylvania||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1980||The University of Chicago||Hematology/Oncology
Dr. Hoffman’s academic interests lie mainly with malignancies of the chest. He has participated in clinical trials in lung and esophageal cancer, with particular emphasis on patients with advanced disease. He has conducted a series of studies of combined chemotherapy plus radiation therapy for locally advanced lung cancer, as well as chemotherapy drug trials for patients with lung cancer that has spread to other body sites. For many years, he has also had an active interest in management of breast cancer, both early stage and later stage, and has participated in a number of clinical trials in that disease.
Lung cancer, breast cancer, esophageal cancer, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Hoffman PC, Masters GA, Drinkard LC, Krauss SA, Samuels BL, Golomb HM, Vokes EE: Ifosfamide-based combination chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: Two phase I studies. Semin Oncol 23 (3 Suppl 6): 11-15, 1996.
- Mauer AM, Masters GA, Haraf DJ, Hoffman PC, Watson SM, Golomb HM, Vokes EE: Phase I study of docetaxel with concomitant thoracic radiation therapy. J Clin Oncol 16:159 164, 1998.
- Hoffman PC, Haraf DJ, Ferguson MK, Drinkard LC, Vokes EE: Induction chemotherapy, surgery, and concomitant chemoradiotherapy for carcinoma of the esophagus: A long-term analysis. Ann Oncol 9:647-651, 1998.
- Hoffman PC, Mauer AM, Vokes EE: Lung Cancer [Seminars Series]. Lancet 355: 479-85, 2000
- Hoffman PC, Cohen EE, Masters GA, Haraf DJ, Mauer AM, Rudin CM, Krauss SA, Huo D, Vokes EE: Carboplatin plus vinorelbine with concomitant radiation therapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a phase I study. Lung Cancer Oct;38(1):65-71, 2002