Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||2002||University of Chicago||Medicine
|Residency||2005||University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Chief Resident||2006||University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Clinical Fellow||2010||University of Chicago||Pulmonary and Critical Care
Dr. Poston is interested in physical and neurologic function of patients who have survived critical illness. He studies the determinants of ICU delirium and the long-term consequences of this common complication. Dr. Poston also dedicates much of his time to the education of medical students and residents, and his current projects include curriculum development for teaching medical procedures, physical examination skills, and critical clinical thinking.
Critical care medicine, asthma, respiratory failure
- JT Poston, I Noth :Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: natural history and current approaches to therapy. Minerva Pneumologica, 47(1):17-30, 2008
- JT Poston, JP Kress: Inhalation Injury .BMJ Point of Care. London, England: BMJ Group.
- JT Poston, KT Mieure: Inhaled Vasodilators as Salvage Therapy in ARDS Caused by H1N1Infection. ATS Critical Care website. New York, NY: ATS.
- Poston, A Pohlman, B Gehlbach, J Hall, J Kress :Assessment of ICU delirium relative to daily sedative interruption (abstract). JAmerican Thoracic Society International Conference, New Orleans, LA,2010
- J Poston, B Patel, A Pohlman, J Hall, J Kress : Complications of Critical Illness in Mechanically Ventilated Patients in a Randomized Controlled Trial of Early Mobilization (abstract). American Thoracic Society International Conference, New Orleans, LA,2010