Section of Gastroenterology
Professor of Medicine
Director, Adult Clinical Nutrition
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1978||University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee||Biology
|Residency||1985||The Presbyterian Hospital||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1989||Columbia University||Epithelial Ion Transport
|Fellowship||1989||The Presbyterian Hospital||Gastroenterology
|Fellowship||1996||Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center||Nutrition
Dr. Semrad is interested in the medical education of students, residents and fellows in the area of small intestinal diseases and clinical nutrition. She has co-authored chapters on malabsorption and diarrheal diseases for major textbooks of medicine and developed teaching material on clinical nutrition and the short bowel syndrome for the American Gastroenterological Association. Dr. Semrad is involved in developing a clinical program in celiac disease and in studies to define T cell mediated intestinal injury in celiac patients. Dr. Semrad also serves as chairperson of the Nutrition Advisory Committee where she oversees hospital policy in nutrition.
Celiac disease, short bowel syndrome, diarrheal diseases, nutritional problems
- Semrad, C.E. and D.W. Powell. 2004. Approach to the Patient with Diarrhea and Malabsorption. In Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 22nd Edition, Saunders Publisher, Philadelphia, PA.
- Semrad, C.E. and E.B. Chang. 2000. Approach to the Patient with Diarrhea. In Kelly's Textbook of Internal Medicine, 4th Edition, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Publisher, Philadelphia, PA.
- Semrad, C.E. 2000. Parenteral Nutrition. Clinical Perspectives in Gastroenterology. 3:307-314.
- Semrad, C.E. 2000. Bone Mass and Gastrointestinal Disease. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 904:564-70.
- Semrad, C.E. 1999. Zinc and Intestinal Function. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 1:398-403.