Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Professor of Medicine
Dr. Leff is interested in the immunology of granulocytes in idiopathic inflammation, cell adhesion, inflammatory cell biology and regulation of inflammation by phospholipase directed signalling proteins.
Asthma, COPD, respiratory physiology, occupational medicine
- Myou, S, Zhu X, Myo S, Boetticher E, Meliton A, Liu J, Lambertino A, Munoz NM and Leff AR. Activation of group IV cystolic PLA2 in human eosinophils by phosphoinositide 3-kinase through mitogen activated protein kinase-independent pathway. J. Immunol. (in press), 2003.
- Myou S, Zhu X, Myo S, Boetticher E, Meliton AY, Liu J, Munoz NM, Leff AR. Blockade of airway inflammation and hyperresponsiveness by HIV-TAT-dominant negative Ras. J. Immunol. (in press), 2003.
- Myou S, Zhu X, Boetticher E, Myo S, Meliton A, Lambertino A, Munoz NM, Leff AR. Blockade of focal clustering and active conformation of ß2-integrin-mediated adhesion of eosinophils to ICAM-1 caused by transduction of HIV TAT-dominant negative Ras. J. Immunol. 169:2670-2676, 2002.
- Zhu X, Sano H, Kim K-P, Sano A, Boetticher EE, Munoz NM, Cho W, Leff AR. Role of MAP-kinase-mediated phosphorylation on cytosolic phospholipase PLA2 in arachidonic acid metabolism in human eosinopohil. J. Immunol. 167:461-468, 2001.
- Myou S., Sano H, Fujimura M,Zhu X,Kurashima K,Kita T, Nakao S,Nonomura A, Kim KP,Shioya T, Munoz NM,Cho W, Leff AR. Blockade of eosinophil migration and aiway hyperresponsiveness by cLPA2-inhibition. Nature Immunol.2:145-149,2001.