Section of Hematology / Oncology
Professor of Medicine
Lowell T. Coggeshall Professor
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1964||The University of Chicago||Biology
|MD||1968||University of Pittsburgh||
|Residency||1972||Johns Hopkins University||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1973||Johns Hopkins University||Medical Genetics
|Fellowship||1975||The University of Chicago||Hematology/Oncology
Dr. Golomb is an authority on the genetic abnormalities that cause various cancers and on chemotherapy for the leukemias, lymphomas and lung cancer. Dr. Golomb was among the first physicians in the world to perform clinical studies using interferon, the first of a series of naturally-produced substances that can boost the patient's own immune system as a weapon against cancer. He is a national authority on treatment of hairy cell leukemia.
Leukemia, lung cancer, lymphoma.
- Golomb HM.Hairy cell leukemia: treatment successes in the past 25 years.J Clin Oncol. 2008 Jun 1;26(16):2607-9.
- Vora S, Damon I, Fulginiti V, Weber SG, Kahana M, Stein SL, et al. Severe eczema vaccinatum in a household contact of a smallpox vaccinee. Clin Inf Dis 2008; 46: 1555-61.
- Sreeramoju P, Garcia-Houchins S, Bova J, Kelly CC, Patterson JE, Weber SG. Correlation between Respiratory Colonization and Development of Infection with Gram-Negative Bacteria after Cardiac Surgery. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008; 29: 546-48.
- Calderwood MS, Mauer A, Tolentino J, Flores E, van Besian K, Pursell K, Weber SG. Epidemiology of vancomycin-resistant enterococci among patients on an adult stem cell transplant unit: observations from an active surveillance program. Infection Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008; 29: 1019-25
- Kaye KS, Kanafani ZA, Dodds AE, Engemann JJ, Weber SG, Carmeli Y. Differential effects of levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin on the risk for isolation of quinolone-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2006; 50: 2192-6.