Section of Infectious Diseases and Global Health
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Hospital Epidemiologist & Director, Antibiotic Stewardship Program
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|Residency||2006||The University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Chief Resident||2007||University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2010||University of Chicago||Infectious Diseases
Dr. Landon Mawdsley's research is focused on improving care, specifically reducing the risk of healthcare-associated infection and optimizing antimicrobial utilization. She seeks to study interventions to reduce risk for HAI including use of the novel electronic hand hygiene monitoring system to evaluate the impact of direct, individual-level feedback on hand hygiene behavior compared with currently employed aggregate feedback based on limited human observations as a strategy to improve compliance with hand hygiene policies and prevent HAI. Additional opportunities exist in contributing to the rational and appropriate prescription of antimicrobials.
General infectious diseases with a special interest in bone and joint infections, diabetic foot infections, non-healing or infected wounds, and device-related infections.
- Landon Mawdsley, E. Burton S, Garcia-Houchins S, Frank K, Singh J, Gerber S, Myers P, Erdman D, Cromeans T, Lu X, Marcinak J, Weber SG. Control of an Human Adenovirus Type 19 Outbreak in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Oral Abstract presentation at the Infectious Diseases Society of America Annual Meeting, OCtober, 2010, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Landon Mawdsley E, Conover C, Lin M, Talbot TR, Stojcevski M, Weber SG. Survey of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus Control Practices in Illinois Hospitals Before and After Legislation Mandating Active Surveillance. Poster presented at the Infectious Diseases Society of America Annual Meeting, October, 2010 Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Landon Mawdsley, E. Garcia-Houchins S, Weber SG. Back to Basics: Four Years of Sustained Improvement in Implementation of Contact Precautions at a UNiversity Hospital. Joint Commission Journal for Patient Safety and Quality. 2010 Sep;36(9):418-23.
- Christoff J, Tolentino J, Mawdsley E, Matushek S, Pitrak D, Weber SG. Optimizing Empiric Antimicrobial Therapy for Gram-negative Infections in the Intensive Care Unit: Utility of a Combination Antibiogram. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2010 Mar;(3):256-61.
- Weber SG, Mawdsley E, Kaye D. Antimicrobial Agents in the Elderly. Infect Dis Clin North America, 2009 23(4):881-98