Section of Hematology / Oncology
Research Associate (Associate Professor)
|BS||1994||University of Toronto||Immunology
|PhD||2000||University of Toronto||Immunology
|Fellowship||2004||University of California San Francisco||Cell Biology
Dr. Stoddart’s research focuses on the molecular analysis of therapy-related myeloid neoplasms with a del(5q), a distinctive clinical syndrome occurring after exposure to chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy. She is currently developing mouse models of t-MN with a del(5q) to identify molecular and cellular pathways to leukemogenesis and perform pre-clinical drug testing. In addition, she is examining the molecular effects of chemotherapy on the bone marrow niche, a three-dimensional network of non-hematopoietic cells that influences the growth of normal and malignant blood cells. The ultimate goal of her research is to develop a two-pronged therapeutic approach, targeting both the cancer cells as well as the niche cells that support their growth and survival.
- Angela Stoddart, Anthony A. Fernald, Jianghong Wang, Elizabeth M. Davis, Theodore Karrison, John Anastasi and Michelle M. Le Beau. 2014. Haploinsufficiency of del(5q) genes, Egr1 and Apc, cooperate with Tp53 loss to induce acute myeloid leukemia in mice. Blood 123: 1069-1078.
- David J. Young, Angela Stoddart, Joy Nakitandwe, Zhijian Qian, James R. Downing, and Michelle M. Le Beau. 2014. Knock-down of Hnrnpa0, a del(5q) gene, alters myeloid cell fate in murine cells through regulation of AU-rich transcripts. Haematologica. 99: 1032-1040.
- Angela Stoddart, Jianghong Wang, Anthony A. Fernald, Theodore Karrison, John Anastasi and Michelle M. Le Beau. 2014. Cell intrinsic and extrinsic factors synergize in mice with haploinsufficiency for Tp53, and two human del(5q) genes, Egr1 and Apc. Blood 123: 228-238.
- Angela Stoddart, Thelma R. Tennant, Anthony A. Fernald, John Anastasi, Frances M. Brodsky and Michelle M. Le Beau. 2012. The clathrin-binding domain of CALM-AF10 alters the phenotype of myeloid neoplasms in mice. Oncogene. 31: 494-506.
- Angela Stoddart, Megan E. McNerney, Elizabeth Bartom, Rachel Bergerson, David J. Young, Zhijian Qian, Jianghong Wang, Anthony A. Fernald, Elizabeth M. Davis, Richard A. Larson, Kevin P. White, and Michelle M. Le Beau. 2011. Genetic pathways leading to therapy-related myeloid neoplasms. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis, 3(1):e2011019.