Section of General Internal Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||2005||Boston University, School of Medicine||
|Residency||2008||University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Chief Resident||2009||MacNeal Hospital||Internal Medicine
|MS||2012||University of Chicago||Health Studies
|Post Doctoral Fellow||2012||University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
Dr. Laiteerapong’s research interest is improving the care of adults with multiple chronic conditions, especially those with diabetes and other comorbidities. Her work has focused on understanding how diabetes and other chronic conditions affect patients’ quality of life and medical decisions.
Medically complex patients, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, quality of life
- Laiteerapong N, Huang ES. Health care reform and chronic diseases: Anticipating the health consequences. JAMA 2010;304(8):899-900. PMID: 20736475
- Laiteerapong N, Karter AJ, Liu JY, Moffet HH, Sudore R, Schillinger D, John PM, Huang ES. Correlates of Quality-of-Life in Older Adults with Diabetes: The Diabetes & Aging Study. Diabetes Care 2011;34(8):1749-53. PMID: 21636795
- Laiteerapong N, John PM, Meltzer DO, Huang ES. Impact of Delaying Blood Pressure Control in Patients with Type-2 Diabetes: Results of a Decision Analysis. J Gen Intern Med 2012;27(6):640-6. PMID: 22215265.
- Laiteerapong N, Iveniuk J, John PM, Laumann EO, Huang ES. Classifying older adults with diabetes in the United States by comorbid diseases. Prev Chronic Dis. 2012 May;9:E100. PMID: 22595321
- Laiteerapong N, Kirby J, Gao Y, Yu T, Sharma R, Nocon R, Lee SM, Chin MH, Nathan AG,Ngo-Metzger Q, Huang ES. Health Care Utilization and Receipt of Preventive Care for Patients Seen at Federally Funded Health Centers Compared to Other Sites of Primary Care. Health Services Research. 2014; 10.1111/1475-6773.12178.