Section of Infectious Diseases and Global Health
Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1980||University of Iowa||Pharmaceutical Sciences
|Pharm. D.||1982||University of the Sciences,Philadelphia,Pa.||
|Residency||1983||University of Illinois||Clinical Pharmacy
|DO||1989||Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine||
|Residency||1992||Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||1994||University of Illiois/ University of Chicago||Infectious Diseases
Dr. Mullane is the Chief of Clinical Trials in the Section of Infectious Diseases. She has been the Principal Investigator in numerous Clinical Trials and has collaborated with other prestigious researchers across the country on many groundbreaking trials. Dr. Mullane's academic interests are focused on clinical trials and human subject protection, new therapies for HIV infection, infections in immunocompromised hosts, and resistant pathogens.
Diagnosis and treatment of infections in immunocompromised hosts including the transplant populations and HIV infected individuals.
- Mezhir JJ, Mullane KM, Zarling J, Satoskar R, Pai RK, Roggin KK. Successful Non-operative Management of Gastrointestinal Mucormycosis: A Novel Therapy for Invasive Disease. Accepted for publication: Surgical Infection 2009.
- Louie T, Miller M, Donskey C, Mullane K, Goldstein EJC. Clinical Outcomes, Safety and Pharmacokinetics of OPT-80 in a Phase 2 trial of Patients with Clostridium difficile infection. Antimicrob Ag Chemother 2009; 53:223-228.
- Ostrosky-Zeichner L, Kontoyiannis D, Raffalli J, Mullane KM, et. Al. International, open-label, noncomparative, clinical trial of micafungin alone and in combination for treatment of newly diagnosed and refractory candidemia. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2005; 24,10:
- Greenberg RN, Mullane KM, Van Burik J, Anstead G Herbrecht R, Langston A, Marr K, et. al.Posaconazole as Salvage Therapy for Zygomycosis. Antimicr Agents Chemother 2006; 50,1:126-33
- Haire WD, Deitcher SR, Mullane KM, Jaff MR, Firszt CM, et. al. Recombinant Urokinase For Restoration Of Patency In Occluded Central Venous Access Devices: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Thrombosis and Hemostasis 2004;92,3:575-82.