Edward Garrity, Jr
Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Professor of Medicine
Associate Vice Chair for UHI, Transplant and EMR; Director, Physician Directed Practice Plan
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1976||Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine||Medicine
|Residency||1979||Loyola University Medical Center||Medicine
|Fellowship||1983||The University of Chicago||Pulmonary and Critical Care
|MBA||2001||Benedictine University||Health Administration
Dr. Garrity is a leading authority in the field of lung transplantation. His expertise comes from the varied and extensive experience he has gathered as a clinician and teacher in the areas of pulmonary diseases, pulmonary physiology, transplantation, and Cystic Fibrosis. Dr. Garrity has led and participated in numerous clinical trials, consensus conferences, and publication of guidelines for lung transplantation and organ donor management. From the knowledge gained with these exposures, Dr. Garrity has broadened his interests to include aspects of public policy development for transplantation, as well as the business of medicine and health care management
Advanced lung diseases,lung transplantation,cystic fibrosis and the prevention of lung diseases
- Eberlein M, Garrity ER, Orens JB. Lung allocation in the United States. Clinics in Chest Medicine 2011; 32: 213-22.
- Floreth T, Stern E, Tu Y, Stern R, Garrity ER Jr, Bhorade SM, White SR. Differentiated transplant derived airway epithelial cell cytokine secretion is not regulated by cyclosporine. Respiratory Research 2011; 12: 44.
- Bhorade SM, Ahya VN, Baz MA, Valentine VG, Arcasoy SM, Love RB, Seethamraju H, Alex C, Bag R, De Oliveira NC, Husain A, Vigneswaran WT, Charbenau J, Krishnan JA, Durazo-ARvizu R, Norwick L, Garrity E. Comparison of sirolimus with azathioprine in tacrolimus-based immunosuppressive regimen in lung transplantation. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2011; 183: 379-87.
- Ahya VN, McShane PM, Baz MA, Valentine V, Arcasoy SM, Love RB, Seethanraju H, Garrity E, Alex CG, Bag R, De Oliveira NC, Vigneswaran WT, Charbenau J, Krishnan JA, Durazo-Arvizu R, Norwick L, Bhorade SM. Increased risk of venouw thromboembolism with a sirolimus-based immunosuppression regimen in lung transplantation. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation 2011; 30: 175-81.
- Vigneswaran WT, Helenowski M, Bhorade SM, Lamounier F, Alex C, Garrity ER Jr. Early readmission is a predictor of overall survival following isolated lung transplantation. International Surgery 2010; 95: 299-304.