Section of General Internal Medicine
Associate Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BS||1991||Vanderbilt University||Arts and Sciences
|MPH||1996||Johns Hopkins University||Health Policy
|MD||1996||Johns Hopkins University||Internal Medicine
|Residency||1999||Stanford University Hospital||Internal Medicine
Dr. Peek’s broad research interests include health disparities, particularly as related to chronic disease management and preventive health care. She has focused her research on diabetes and breast cancer screening. She is currently exploring how race and culture impact the patient/provider relationship, shared decision-making and diabetes health outcomes.
Preventive health care, chronic disease management, patient education, women’s health
- Peek M, Han J. Disparities in screening mammography: Current status, interventions and implications. J Gen Intern Med. 2004; 19(2):184-94.
- Peek M, Ganschow P, Elmore J. Screening Mammography. In Ganschow P, Norlock F, Jacobs E, Marcus E, eds. A Physician’s Guide to Breast Health and Benign Breast Disease. Philadelphia: American College of Physicians; 2004
- Peek M, Chin M. Care of community living older adults of different ethnicity. In Munshi M, Lipsitz L, eds. Geriatrics Diabetes. New York: Taylor and Francis Group; 2007.
- Peek M, Huang E. Diabetes health disparities: A systematic review of health care interventions. Med Care Res Rev. Special Supplement on Health Disparities
- Masi C, Blackman D, Peek M. Racial and ethnic disparities in breast cancer mortality: Causes and clinical strategies to close the gap. Med Care Res Rev. Special Supplement on Health Disparities.