Section of Cardiology
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1997||University of Chicago||Biology
|MD||2001||University of Chicago||
|Residency||2004||University of Chicago Hospitals||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2009||University of Chicago Hospitals||Cardiology
Dr. Kim is interested in transcription factor and microRNA regulation of cardiac development and disease. His research projects include studying the role of microRNA-130a in cardiac development, coronary vascular development, cardiomyopathy, and RV failure. Dr. Kim’s research also includes imaging small animal models of cardiovascular disease.
Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation, Left Ventricular Assist Devices
- Kim GH, Samant S, Earley J, Svensson EC. Translational Control of FOG-2 Expression in Cardiomyocytes by microRNA-130a. PLoS One. Vol. 4(7):e6161, 2009.
- Gao Z, Kim GH, Mackinnon AC, Flagg AE, Bassett BJ, Earley JU, Svensson EC. Ets-1 is required for Proper Migration and Differentiation of the Cardiac Neural Crest. Development. 137(9):1543-51, 2010.
- Sundaresan NR, Gupta M, Kim G, Rajamohan SB, Isbatan A, Gupta MP. SIRT3 blocks cardiac hypertrophic response by augmenting the Foxo3a-dependent anti-oxidant defense mechanism of the cell. J Clin Invest. Vol 119(9):2758-71, 2009.
- Kong J, Kim GH, Sun T, Li G, Liu SQ, Li X, Thadhani R, Li YC. Therapeutic Effects of Vitamin D Analogs on Cardiac Hypertrophy in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Am J Pathol. 177:622–631, 2010.
- Archer SL, Marsboom G, Kim G, Zhang H, Toth P, Svensson EC, Dyck J, Gomberg-Maitland M, Thebaud B, Husain A, Cipriani N, Rehman J. Epigenetic Attenuation of Mitochondrial Superoxide Dismutase 2 (SOD2) in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: a basis for excessive cell proliferation and a new therapeutic target. Circulation. 121:2661-2671, 2010.